West German Navy A 59 DEUTSCHLAND
(Port of Kiel 1986)
|Training Ship "Deutschland-class"
Built at Werft Nobiskrug, Rendsburg
Commissioned 25/5 1963.
First West German naval ship to exceed the post-war limit of 3 000 tons.
Designed with armament and machinery of different types for training purpose
The name originally planned for this ship was BERLIN.
Ordered in 1956.
Laid down in 1959 and launched 5/11 1960
Carried out her first machinery sea trials on 15/1 1963.
More Photos here: http://www.wellandcanal.ca/shiparc/warships/deutschland/deutschland.htm